Stage 9 v0.0.10
Our tenth release, bustling with new features!
Desktop version available now for Windows, Mac and Linux, with our VR release coming sooner than a Warp 10 flight across the Galaxy (salamanders not included).
Notable new features:
- An entirely new Main Bridge, created by Rekkert with high fidelity accurate LCARS displays made by Stealth_Ferret
- Our first set of ongoing changes to implement better lighting in the interior rooms (turns out, baked lighting is actually awesome!) thanks to Jeff_The_Sloths awesome work!
- The Main Bridge Viewscreen is now a proper viewscreen, change the angles from Worfs Tactical Console
- Our 3rd new NPC, Miles O’Brien, created by Z4G0
- Test your phaser skills in the 2 Phaser Ranges on Deck 4
- A bunch more star systems to warp to
- Type 15 Shuttle is now flyable
- Fly the ship around inside star systems in both first and third person
- Fully functioning Holodeck with a list of simulations to run (including the original series Enterprise Bridge, created by the talented Ian62)
- Brand new music sequences composed by Patrick Phillips
- New Ressikan Flute, you too can play the Inner Light theme tune!
- By popular request, you can see the ship hull outside the Ready Room and Observation Lounge now!
- Often requested, the reinstatement of Disco mode on the Main Bridge, featuring the amazing ‘Data & Picard’ by Pogo.
- Real working replicators (well, most of them anyway)
- Borg Encounter!
- Warp Core Breach!
- Earth, Dry Dock! The Defiant! LOTS OF THINGS!
Torrents not working? Click here for our guide!
(only HTC Vive and
Oculus Rift supported)
New Exterior Locations
What use is a starship if there’s nowhere to fly it to? With more space locations to Warp to, and the all-new in-system Impulse movement, you too can go to all the places and see the pretty things!
Improved Interior Rooms
Being the flagship of the Federation, it’s our duty to ensure that the Enterprise D upkeeps the highest standards of comfort and aesthetics, always remember our most important motto – “Beige and leather, is ugly never!”
We’ve been working on hard on converting our interior rooms to a higher visual standard. A complete replacement of the Main Bridge, and the first forays into our new Baked lighting system result in a visual quality far higher than in previous versions of Stage 9.
All The Interaction!
The first thing any Starfleet cadet learns is ‘Whatever you do, don’t trigger a Warp Core Breach!’. Of course, whether that cadet follows that advice is up to them (or you!)
With more buttons to click, more things to do, and our brand new Phaser Range, this is the most interactive release of Stage 9 to-date.